Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Nikki Haley Affair

Nikki Haley Affair:Less than 24 hours after allegations emerged of an “inappropriate physical relationship” between Republican gubernatorial candidate Nikki Haley and political blogger Will Folks, Haley denounced what she called “these distractions.”
Haley was in Greenville for a forum at the Carolina First Center. She wouldn’t talk to reporters before the forum, but allowed some questions afterward.
News 4’s Mandy Gaither asked Haley if Will Folks said anything to her before the allegations came out on his blog.
“No,” said Haley.
“So, you had no idea? You were blind-sided?” said Gaither.
“I mean, look. This is what I will tell you. It is absolutely not true. My husband and I have been married for 13 years. We’ve been faithful to each other,” said Haley. “I will not stop pushing for good government no matter what they throw at me two weeks prior to the election.”
In his blog, Folks, a former staff for Gov. Mark Sanford, said the reason for his admission of an inappropriate physical relationship with Haley was because of “several pieces of information which purportedly document a prior physical relationship” between him and Haley “have begun to be leaked slowly, piece by piece, to members of the mainstream media.”

When asked about the reported and rumored evidence Haley said, “I’m telling you there is nothing there. I’m not I’m not going to let this distraction get to me. I know this has been a great story for you guys to have today but there’s no truth to it and we’re going to focus on and we’re getting back to work.”
News 4 also asked if Haley had any idea why Folks would open up about a relationship she said never happened.
“It’s not worth my time,” said Haley, as she walked away.
During the forum, Haley asked her fellow candidates to publicly denounce the allegations against her. Congressman Gresham Barrett and S.C. Attorney General Henry McMaster both did that.
“I hope those things will stop. My campaign will certainly take no part in them,” said McMaster. “I’m sorry this is happening and I hope it will stop.”
“I denounce what’s going on with you,” said Barrett. ”I denounce these third parties because I’ve been a victim of an attack and South Carolina deserves better and knows better and we as candidates need to make sure we stay focused on the issues and not let these third parties come to South Carolina and tell us what to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment